Well today is Cinco de Mayo. So Happy Cinco de Mayo! I'll be at work. My family owns four Mexican restaurants. So hopefully we should be busy tonight. It's never a dull moment at work. We have a crew with a lot of interesting personalities. So even on a slow night someone is bound to do something silly. Over the years, I have always said someone should write a book, or better yet a soap opera about our adventures at work. There is always some sort of drama stirring up somewhere. It goes way back, before I was even old enough to work there. Ahh, someone could make millions!
Well my daughter has been in rare form lately. Man O Man, I wish all of her teeth would just come out and get it over with! And to top it all off, while she may have gotten her teeth late, she's breaking into "the terrible two's" quite early. If this is a preview, I'm scared to see the horror movie I'm about to witness very soon. She's very fond of the "No game". See this is how you play: Step 1. Child goes to touch something she isn't supposed to be touching. Step 2. Mom tells her no. Step 3. Child assumes mom is ready to play her favorite game. Step 3. Child proceeds to touch the object again. Step 4. Mom says no, a little louder. Step 5. Child smiles her best imp smile and touches it again. Step 6. Mom goes into to her obviously completely hilarious state of wanting to pull her hair out. Step 7. That was great mom.... let's play again...with a NEW object. *sigh* Needless to say, I'm so tired of saying no, I've tried to think of new ways to tell her not to do something. I love my daughter, more than anything, but she can be so frustrating. I guess I'm in a fairytale world because I wish our time together, which isn't much these days, would be all sorts of perfect and smiles and laughs. Sadly, most of our time together lately has been her whining. I can tell when it's because she is in pain. But most of the time it's the theme song she likes whenever she is following my every move around the apartment. How can I tell? Oh it's just the exaggerated faces she makes while doing it. I'm telling you, I have a small actress on my hands. Hopefully this whining stage will end soon. I know all kids whine, but at least they have a larger vocabulary to tell you why is whining is occurring.
Well it's about time for work. Be safe all of you Cinco de Mayo party goers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment